On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 06:10:32PM -0500, BuildSmart wrote:
> On Feb 16, 2006, at 17:18 , Daniel Macks wrote:
> >On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 09:06:52AM +1100, Mike Dyall-Smith wrote:
> >[trying to port FAKtory]
> >>"Sorry, but FAKtory only runs under Linux and Solaris.  You are
> >>welcome to download the source code and try to compile on MacOS but I
> >>don't think that will work because it requires an old package called
> >>ET that only works with Tcl/Tk8.0."
> >
> >Is this http://www.hwaci.com/sw/et/ET.html the ET they mean?

Is there a pure source tarball? The one I found that was labeled
"source" tarball contain megabytes worth of compiled code for many
platforms (more "universal binary" than source).

> I believe it is, I've almost been able to compile it however the Mac
> tcl/tk is missing a couple of files to complete building.
>
> I've tried both build methods, this is what I get.
>
> (editing the Makefile is required for building in any OS)
["no such file or directory" for...]
> et36.c line 603: can't open include file "parray.tcl"
> et36.c line 606: can't open include file "tkerror.tcl"
> et40.c line 603: can't open include file "parray.tcl"
> et40.c line 606: can't open include file "tkerror.tcl"
> et40.c line 610: can't open include file "optionMenu.tcl"
> et40.c line 612: can't open include file "scrollbar.tcl"
>
> I believe with a little persuasion this can be overcome and generate
> the required files your after.

I have /sw/lib/tcl8.4/parray.tcl from fink's tcltk-8.4.6-2. The others
I do not have, but I have tcl manpages for the functions of those
names...I wonder if the files got merged into others?

dan

--
Daniel Macks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]