Excuse my potential misunderstanding, but does this mean there might be a fink-intel and a separate fink-ppc release, or just that fink may have more source trees (ppc vs. intel), as opposed to just those trees that are differentiated by Mac OS X version(s) and stability?

Perhaps it simply means that MacIntel users will have to use only "source" packages as opposed to any "binary" packages, but still use the relevant tree for their Mac OS X version?

I think I'm confusing myself even more now!
;^)

Thanks,
-Matt