I'd like to change from using the version of fink that I checked out of
CVS a couple of days ago to 0.27.7. I thought this would just be a case
of downloading 0.27.7 and running inject.pl. This appears to have worked
but /sw/fink/VERSION still says "0.7.0.cvs".

If I replace this with the VERSION from 0.27.7 it just gets overwritten
every time I run a selfupdate, reverting to "0.7.0.cvs". Is there
anything else I need to do?

Thanks,

Mike