I can verify by first-hand experience that the wireshark crash was indeed fixed by the (unofficial) Xquartz update.

On Nov 21, 2007, at 11:43 AM, stephen joseph butler wrote:

On Nov 21, 2007 9:21 AM, Martin Costabel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have not followed all ramifications of this story, but couldn't this, too, be the result of some bug in Leopard's X11 that is now fixed in the
updates of Xquartz that Ben Byer is distributing?

Yes, it is. If you hunt through the bugzillas, you end up at this
commit message for Xorg:

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/ xserver.git;a=commit;h=d2766aeb85cdd80448d5fe4e1aa48e631fff6abc

Hans Kruse, Professor
J. Warren McClure School of Information and Telecommunication Systems
Adjunct Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
292 Lindley Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH, 45701
740-593-4891 voice, 740-593-4889 fax