Aleix Conchillo Flaqué <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> In the case of ImageMagick, the GNOME dependency seems to be
> "librsvg2" which requires lots of GNOME packages. But ImageMagick does
> not require any GNOME libraries to work, so in my opinion it would be
> better to have two packages: imagemagick (without the svg support) and
> an imagemagick-gnome (which heavily dependes on GNOME libraries),
> which makes more sense if you don't want to compile a lot of extra
> libraries.

Agreed. Also, I think there must be something amok with dependencies of
librsvg2/djvu, because (at least in my system) fink wants to install not
only libraries, but also application-level packages like qt3-designer or
qt3-linguist, and desktop support ones (gnome-default-icon-theme): even
if one compiles with svg/djvu support, those shouldn't be dragged in,
should they?

> Jose A., decompress the following attachment and copy the files into /
> sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo and then fink index. This revision
> does not support svg (gnome dependencies) and djvu formats (qt3
> dependencies), but it has less dependencies.

Excellent: i'm trying it later tonight! Thanks a lot, Aleix.

Cheers,
jao
--
If all else fails read the instructions. - Donald Knuth