Hello Finkers,

I am having trouble compiling pymol-py25 on a fresh install of OS X Leopard. I have also tried to compile the most recent version of pymol (1.0r3) from SVN by hand against the required dependencies (from fink) and get the same error.

Before the reinstall, I was running the same version of Leopard, though I had upgraded from Tiger rather than doing a fresh install. Under this old setup, I was able to successfully compile the same SVN version of pymol (using an identical rules makefile). A while back, I was also able to successfully install a version of pymol from fink, though I am not sure of the exact version number.

Here is the error I am getting (the full install log was too big to post, but I can send it in a reply if needed):
<snip>
././ExtensionClass.c:2876: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type ././ExtensionClass.c:2988: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
././ExtensionClass.c: In function 'CopyMethods':
././ExtensionClass.c:3267: warning: passing argument 2 of 'PyDict_Next' from incompatible pointer type
./ExtensionClass.o   -o ./ExtensionClass.so
make[2]: execvp: ./ExtensionClass.o: Permission denied
make[2]: *** [ExtensionClass.so] Error 127
make[1]: *** [make-modules] Error 2
make: *** [unix] Error 2
### execution of make failed, exit code 2

Relevant info:
Package manager version: 0.28.1
Distribution version: selfupdate-rsync Sun Apr 27 07:46:33 2008, 10.5, i386
Mac OS X version: 10.5.2, Intel (fresh install, not upgrade)
Leopard Xcode
i686-apple-darwin9
gcc version 4.0.1
make version 3.81

Fink sources:
deb file:/sw/fink local main
deb file:/sw/fink stable main crypto
deb file:/sw/fink unstable main crypto
deb http://sage.ucsc.edu/fink_intel_10.5_only stable main crypto
deb http://sage.ucsc.edu/fink_intel_10.5_only unstable main crypto
deb http://sage.ucsc.edu/fink_intel_10.5_only local main

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks,
Michelle Gill