On Sep 18, 2008, at 10:51 AM, jkolata wrote:

On Aug. 8 I had problems installing g3data on my system,
which is an Intel Macbook Pro now running MacOSX 10.5.5.
Here is my current fink version info:

[kolata:~] jkolata1% fink --version
Package manager version: 0.28.5
Distribution version: selfupdate-rsync Tue Sep  9 11:51:31 2008, 10.5,
i386

The problem was with libXrandr, which I fixed according to the
instructions
given on the web page I was pointed to...including loading Xcode 3.1.
I then had a working copy of g3data.  However, when I tried to use it
again today, I received the following message:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libXdamage.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /sw/bin/g3data
  Reason: Incompatible library version: g3data requires version 3.0.0
or later, but libXdamage.1.dylib provides version 2.0.0
Trace/BPT trap

Something appears to have changed since I installed g3data, but I''m
not sure what to do about this.

JJ Kolata

It looks the 10.5.5 update installed this for you, and thereby forced a downgrade. Reinstall your X11 (macosforge.org has a line on one of their pages mentioning that you need to do this after every system update)

Alexander K. Hansen
akh AT finkproject DOT org
Fink User Liaison and Documenter