I am trying to apply a local patch. I've copied gnuplot.info to the
local branch and modifed the pathscrpts as

PatchScript:<<
   perl -pi -e 's/\bClass\b/GP_Class/g' `find src -name \*.c -o -name
\*.cpp -o -name \*.h`
   sed -e 's,@FINKPREFIX@,%p,g' %{PatchFile} | patch -p1
   cd gnuplot-4.2.4
   patch -p1 < %a/col_interp-gp424.patch
   cd ..
<<

As those in the know might expect ...

fink validate /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo/sci/gnuplot.info
Validating package file /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo/sci/
gnuplot.info...
Error: Cannot use %a if using PatchFile, use %{PatchFile} to reference
the patch. (gnuplot.info)

What is the proper way for me to do this?

I've placed the new patch (col_interp-gp424.patch) in the same
directory as the local gnuplot.info.

TiA
Ben