drjl...@netonecom.net wrote:
> I can't understand from notes by Martin et al -- is there some kind of
> workaround for this while the problem's being fixed? -- Jonathan

My workaround is the following, based on the patch indicated by Ian Allison:

Edit the file

  /sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/finkinfo/gnome/gtk+2.info

by adding a line to the PatchScript (at the end of the PatchScript
block, before the line with "<<", in my case this gives line 67)

  perl -pi -e 's|(g_content_type_guess \()NULL|$1filename|'
gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf-io.c

Note that this is one line, with a blank between the second ' and
gdk-pixbuf/

For good measure, edit also line 3 and change the Revision from 2 to 2.0.

Then "fink update gtk+2-shlibs". After that, building libx264-57-shlibs
should succeed.

--
Martin