Those of us who are working with fink on Snow Leopard in advance of its release are not allowed to comment on the specifics of Snow Leopard, but I can make some general comments based on publically- available information.

Everything I've heard publically about Grand Central Dispatch indicates that programmers will have to specifically include that functionality in their code -- they will have to adopt Apple's new threading model. This suggests that existing code (such as the code for all packages currently in fink) won't immediately take advantage of Grand Central Dispatch, but that GCD might, over time, have some beneficial effects.

The other comment that I think it's safe to make is that fink is working quite well on Snow Leopard already, and we hope to have a well- functioning version of fink all ready to go when Snow Leopard is released.

  -- Dave