I have updated lesstif to fix error upstream when
the debian 64-bit patches were applied (missing braces).
However this is only part of the fix. It eliminates the
bus errors in nedit but the copy/paste seems non-functional.
I have created updated nedit packaging using the same
nedit-5.6-cvs20081118 tarball that debian sid is using.
This seems to work fine under i386 and x86_64 fink as
long as the option ""Update Pasteboard when clipboard
changes" option has been disabled in the X11 2.4.0
preferences. Please test.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2846002&group_id=17203&atid=414256

               Jack