vibnwis wrote:

> Having googled for that, I found and experimented myself that to allow
kde4 apps to work I have to run the /sw/bin/init.sh which the fink
environment if I am not wrong. Having opened the X11 term which has the
/sw/bin/init in the .xinitrc, I can run mostly all kde4 apps. In other
words, I can't run all the kde4 apps until I run X11 term which runs
/sw/bin/init.sh.

It doesn't have to be an xterm.  If your fink environment is set up
properly, then it should be run automatically when you open the regular
OS X terminal, too.  If you run "printenv PATH" when you open a window
from the OS X terminal, are /sw/bin and /sw/sbin present?

> I have tried various methods by putting /sw/bin/init.sh into the login
startup menu. None of those effort product positive results. Does anyone
know how to run /sw/bin/init at login.

Items that are run at login are processed as a different way; they
should work automatically.

> The only useful apps for me for the moment is Wireshark. However, that
doesn't run as kde4.app. I have to run from shell.

As expected:  It's an X11 app, and OS X treats it as such.