That may be true, but we have no way of building a binary for g95 on
10.6 at the moment.  Using a binary built on an earlier 10.x  might be
a stopgap solution, but in the long run, it is not good news for g95
on OS X.

I'm not a fortran guy, myself, but I was under the impression that
most folks had migrated from g95 to gfortran; is this not correct?

   -- Dave