Eric wrote:
> Many thanks- created this symbolic link. Still getting the same error
> though, but good to know about X11R6. Doesn't seem to matter whether I
> use cvs or rsync when I selfupdate,

It shouldn't.  The problem is in what fink is detecting as your X11
setup, and the descriptions of other packages don't matter.
That, and you should be getting the same package descriptions via rsync
or cvs (apart from the longer lag for them to reach the rsync mirrors).

problem persists, and I do have the
> directory /usr/X11 so that's not the problem at least... it's not an
> empty directory either. Now really wonder what could be going on?
>
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Alexander Hansen
> <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com <mailto:alexanderk.han...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Let's find out.
Run "fink-virtual-pkgs --debug" and go to the location in the output
where it talks about X11 detection. That'll start with something like

- - checking for library libX11.6.dylib... found in /usr/X11R6/lib

We can see what's missing from that.

- --
Alexander Hansen
Fink User Liaison