Hi,

>> Developing our application here, based on python, and we start to see
>> this error:
>>
>> ValueError: can't handle version -1 of numpy.dtype pickle
>>
>> My partner uses MacPorts and solved this issue by updating numpy to 1.4.
>> I was wondering if numpy 1.4 for Fink is on the way.
>>
>> Thanks,

>> Alan
>>
>> --
>> Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
>> Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.
>> 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK.
>>

> You might try checking with the maintainer ("fink info numpy-py26")
> since he would be the one who would be responsible for handling an update.

I have built and tested the updated numpy and scipy versions on my machines,
feel free to copy the adapted package files to your
/sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo/sci
and give them a try.
Please note that I just modified them on my own, and Sebastien Maret, the
maintainer,
is not responsible for any problems you might encounter (though basically,
numpy.test() and scipy.test() did not produce any errors not already present in
the 1.3 and 0.7.0 versions on 10.5/6, python2.5/6, powerpc/i386/x86_64).

Cheers,
                                                                Derek