Op 28 jul 2010, om 02:26 heeft Martin Costabel het volgende geschreven:

> Sjors,
>
> did you see my message from 2 weeks ago? It says in which file to look for
> error messages.

Hi Martin,

Oops, sorry! I must have missed it. Thanks!

>> On both systems, I see
>> /* Define to 1 if you have the `wcscpy' function. */
>> #define HAVE_WCSCPY 1
>> /* Define to 1 if you have the `wcslen' function. */
>> #define HAVE_WCSLEN 1
>> In the log file  CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log, I see the following output
>> after line 4966:
>> Determining if the function wcscpy exists passed with the following output:
>> [10 lines of output follow, ending with:]
>> /sw64/var/lib/fink/path-prefix-10.6/cc -DCHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS=wcscpy
>> -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -Wl,-search_paths_first
>> -headerpad_max_install_names -L/sw64/lib
>> CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o  -o cmTryCompileExec
>>  /usr/lib/libssl.dylib /usr/lib/libcrypto.dylib /usr/lib/libcrypto.dylib
>> I suspect that you have an error message at this point. What is it?

In CMakeOutput.log, wcscpy and wcslen aren't mentioned. It does find wchar.h. I
did just find, however, that wcscpy *is* mentioned in
CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log, like this:

> Determining if the function wcscpy exists failed with the following output:
> Change Dir: /sw/src/fink.build/cmake-2.8.2-1/cmake-2.8.2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp
>
> Run Build Command:/usr/bin/make "cmTryCompileExec/fast"
> make -f CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build.make
> CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build
> /sw/src/fink.build/cmake-2.8.2-1/cmake-2.8.2/Bootstrap.cmk/cmake -E
> cmake_progress_report
> /sw/src/fink.build/cmake-2.8.2-1/cmake-2.8.2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles 1
> Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o
> /sw/var/lib/fink/path-prefix-10.6/cc   -DCHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS=wcscpy
> -mmacosx-version-min=10.6   -o
> CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/CheckFunctionExists.c.o
-c /sw/src/fink.build/cmake-2.8.2-1/cmake-2.8.2/Modules/CheckFunctionExists.c
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/libssl.dylib', needed by
> `cmTryCompileExec'.  Stop.
> make: *** [cmTryCompileExec/fast] Error 2

Apparantly, there is a make error "no rule to make target
/usr/lib/libssl.dylib", which makes compilation fail, which makes cmake think
the method does not exist. That file, /usr/lib/libssl.dylib, is a symlink to
/usr/lib/libssl0.9.8.dylib - which does not exist! The correct name for the
file is /usr/lib/libssl.0.9.8.dylib.

I've removed the symlink and made it a symlink to /usr/lib/libssl.0.9.8.dylib
and now cmake builds fine:
-- Looking for wcscpy
-- Looking for wcscpy - found
-- Looking for wcslen
-- Looking for wcslen - found

I wonder how this dangling symlink happened. Maybe I moved it myself once and
made a typo... Thanks for helping me find it! I don't think improvements in the
current build files are necessary, since this is my own fault and quite a
corner case...

Sjors