Am 25.07.2011 um 10:18 schrieb Sjors Gielen:

> Op 25 jul 2011, om 08:21 heeft Schindler Karl-Michael het volgende geschreven:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> The attachment has my suggestion for a binutils-infodocs package. It is for
>> the recent version, i.e. 2.21. Is this sufficient or do we need extra
>> packages for version in question, i.e. 2.19 and 2.21?
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> The binutils package was created by Jack Howarth. I've CC'd him here. If you
> want to install infodocs, it's best to install those of the original
> binutils, not those of binutils-avr (whose maintainer is Matthias). However,
> the current binutils package already installs its InfoDocs -- why would there
> be a need for a binutils-infodocs package? (If anything, I'd make it a
> SplitOff of binutils, i.e. whenever binutils is installed, binutils-infodocs
> is automatically created and possibly installed too.)

Good points. I totally missed the variant to have the docs installed through
Jack Howarth's binutils package. The idea behind a separate binutils-infodocs
package was the possibility to install it independently from all native and
cross binutils. However, the variant with jack's native binutils is good enough.