On 8/30/11 7:06 PM, Sean Lake wrote:

> On Aug 30, 2011, at 16:01, Alexander Hansen wrote:

>>> ${CC=$FINK_COMPILER_DIR/"gcc"}
>>>
>>> I've attached the entire mkoctfile-3.0.5. I'm kind of puzzled
>>> why the CXX variable is sticking, but CC isn't.
>>>
>>> I just tried using export
>>> CC=/sw/var/lib/fink/path-prefix-10.6/gcc and I get the same
>>> result. Is the problem, perhaps, that liblapack was compiled to
>>> x86_64?
>>>

>> That's possible.  If you run "file -L /sw/lib/lapack.dylib" what
>> do you get?
>>
>> I was assuming that the issue was that the build tools were
>> defaulting to 64-bit.  I'll reboot and see what happens on my
>> 10.6/i386 setup.
>>

> Yep, that's the problem. file -L /sw/lib/liblapack.dylib gives:
> /sw/lib/liblapack.dylib: Mack-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared
> library x86_64.
>
> Sean

That's not good.

The best workaround idea I've got is to replace your octave-atlas
packages with their non-atlas counterparts, since those get LAPACK and
BLAS from your system's Accelerate framework and those should have no
problems being linked.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison