Hello,

At 16:35 -0500 on 2015-4-26 Hanspeter Niederstrasser wrote:

 > At firefox9, upstream changed too many assumptions in the code that
 > a Darwin system must mean using the quartz frontend. and it became
 > impossible to disentangle code paths that were about the underlying
 > Mac system from stuff that dealt with using Quartz to draw stuff.
 > Macports also gave up at the same time w/ their firefox-x11
 > package.  And firefox8 got restricted to < 10.9 because it doesn't
 > play well with libc++.  You're welcome to try making a new
 > firefox37, but I haven't even looked at the code in over 3 years
 > and have no idea how the mozilla build system works these days.

Thank you for the information.  I will try to investigate when I find
the time.

Best regards,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it
isn't, it ain't.  That's logic.  --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

No HTML emails and proprietary attachments please <http://bruda.ca/ascii>