On 11/11/15 21:59, Buz Barstow wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I’m trying to install the ZXing barcode reader software and python bindings
> on OS X El Capitan.
>
> https://github.com/oostendo/python-zxing
>
> The installation requires the use of the Maven installer tool.
>
> I have installed Maven through Fink, but am getting an error when I try to
> run it:
>
> apollo8:zxing buz$ mvn
> Error: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly.
>    We cannot execute /usr/libexec/java_home/bin/java
>

> Could someone help me to resolve this problem please?

This could be a problem with your java installation, but there is also a
bug in the /sw/bin/mvn script: It contains the line

   export JAVA_HOME=/usr/libexec/java_home

This should certainly be

   export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home`

You can work around the bug by executing the latter command in your
shell before running mvn:

$ export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home`
$ mvn

--
Martin