> On Nov 14, 2015, at 6:01 PM, Martin Costabel <costa...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> On 14/11/15 23:24, Alexander Hansen wrote:
>>
>>> On Nov 14, 2015, at 14:21, Martin Costabel <costa...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>> On 14/11/15 22:08, Daniel Macks wrote:
>>> []
>>>
>>> I am getting the same error as Dušan, with no qt3 previously installed.
>>>
>>> It seems to me that Apple really have crossed the line now: Apparently you
>>> cannot use DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH on El Crapitan any more. If this is true, see
>>> <https://github.com/oracle/node-oracledb/issues/231>, and no workaround is
>>> found, then not only qt3, but many more Fink packages (and a lot of other
>>> software) will have a problem.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Martin
>>>

>> Ah.  I _didn’t_ see the same thing, but I had qt3 installed already via
>> 10.10.
>
> Yes, that would work.
>
> After some googling, I am now convinced that this is a serious problem
> hitting a lot of people. Here is an example:
> <http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/3d4c879b-a85b-4b8f-8d30-82b52cd12...@justatheory.com>
> They recommend that anyone concerned should file a bug with Apple so
> that they might think about packpedalling.

You can try, but I doubt it’ll make a difference. As far as Apple is concerned,
this is a feature, not a bug. Disabling DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is part of System
Integrity Protection as being able to interpose a different library is a
security risk. If you disable SIP, DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH works again.

DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH still works so maybe it can be used instead. I
haven’t looked at the code in question.

Daniel