> On Nov 26, 2015, at 07:47, Alexander Hansen <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 26, 2015, at 01:47, egodfred <egodfre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Morning,
>>
>> I believe the issue might be coming from the fact that came uses the 10.11
>> SDK
>> CMake Warning at
>> /sw/share/cmake-3.4/Modules/Platform/Darwin-Initialize.cmake:97 (message):
>>  CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET is '10.10' but the matching SDK does not exist
>>  at:
>>

>> "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.10.sdk"
>>
>>  Instead using SDK:
>>

>> "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk”.
>
> Nope.
>
>> (@Daniel thanks for the verbose tip) , after a couple of warnings were
>> generated , because of the reason above cmake finally failed at the linking
>> step
>> [ 44%] Linking C executable gl2psTest
>> /sw/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/gl2psTest.dir/link.txt
>> --verbose=1
>> /sw/var/lib/fink/path-prefix-clang/cc  -O2 -g -DNDEBUG -isysroot
>> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk
>>  -mmacosx-version-min=10.10 -Wl,-search_paths_first
>> -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -L/sw/lib
>> CMakeFiles/gl2psTest.dir/gl2psTest.o  -o gl2psTest  libgl2ps.a -framework
>> AGL /Applications/ccp4-6.5/lib/libopengl.dylib /sw/lib/libglut.dylib
>> -framework Cocoa
>
> The issue is that you have this third-party
> /Applications/ccp4-6.5/lib/libopengl.dylib in your link path, and it is
> apparently not compatible.  Fink normally overrides user-defined environment
> settings, but it doesn’t override globally defined ones.  You can verify this
> via
>
> fink dumpinfo -fenv gl2ps
>
> That will show the environment that fink is using for its build, as opposed
> to your user environment.  In any case, anything from Fink which uses OpenGL
> will probably fail to build for you.  You would need to deactivate the CCP4
> environment change when building with Fink.  You can also use the binary
> distribution once the 10.10 distribution has been rebuilt and uploaded again,
> or even try the binaries from 10.9.
>
> I’m not sure why this needs to be added globally, rather than per-user, since
> I don’t actually use CCP4. Fink provides a “ccp4-setup” package which avoids
> conflicts between CCP4 and Fink, so you might want to look into that.

An additional option, based on which environment variable is bringing in
/Applications/ccp4-6.5/lib/libopengl.dylib might be a local modification to
gl2ps and other package descriptions which explicitly removes that from the
relevant variable for the purposes of building the respective packages.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison