Hello, Fink.

Since you stopped supporting 10.4 (imagine I still use it) several
earth cycles ago, the binary system of said version has also stopped
working. Now, the problem is that although my fink manages to fetch
the total of four Packages.gz's, it can not find any of the binaries
during installation. This is because the URL of any given package
inside "Packages.gz" is false.

Example given:
----------------------------
fink install gnome-base
Failed to fetch
http://bindist.finkmirrors.net/10.4/dists/fink-0.8.1/main/binary-darwin-powerpc//gnome/gnome-base_2.4.1-1_darwin-powerpc.deb
 404 Not Found
----------------------------

Indeed, it doesn't exist. But if you change the 'fink-0.8.1' to
'stable', you'll find it. (Strictly speaking '10.4/dists/' to
'distfiles/').

Now, I only see two solutions for this first world problem.
1) I run ":%s/fink-0.8.1/stable/g" and
":%s/fink-0.8.1-updates/current/g", and feed my gunships to fink, or;

2) you redirect 10.4/dists/fink-0.8.1/ -> distfiles/fink-0.8.1/ and
10.4/dists/fink-0.8.1-updates/ -> distfiles/fink-0.8.1-updates/ to
help all humanity. (This is obviously the best alternative).

Thank you for helping out, Fink!

Regards,
nunikasi