> On Mar 21, 2016, at 05:11, David Chin <david.w.h.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Alexander Hansen
> <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com <mailto:alexanderk.han...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> Upgrading the OS wouldn’t change anything in this case (fortunately or
> unfortunately).  Did you try downloading from a Fink Master mirror? Those
> exist to keep sources around in the event that their original sites move or
> remove them.
>
> Unfortunately, even the master does not seem to have that particular version:
> https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/Images
> <https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/Images>  There is at least
> one package (gnucash2) which depends on a TeX installation, and thus fails to
> build.

Oh?

curl --connect-timeout 30 -f -L -A 'fink/0.39.3' -O
http://distfiles.master.finkmirrors.net/distfiles/texlive-20140523-source.tar.xz
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 39.7M  100 39.7M    0     0   335k      0  0:02:01  0:02:01 --:--:-- 1682k

We call what you’re referencing the “Primary” site.  In our terminology, A
“Fink Master mirror” means a mirror that the Fink Project runs, such as
distifiles.master.finkmirrors.net.

You might need to change your download settings via “fink configure” if you
aren’t seeing the option to use a Master mirror.  In particular, the “Closest
site first” option seems not to rotate over to our Master mirrors.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison