One Monday, August 08, 2016 10:42 AM, Alexander Hansen wrote:
> On Aug 8, 2016, at 08:26, Bollinger, John C <john.bollin...@stjude.org> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Fink Users,
>>
>> Pursuant to Fink’s instructions, having exhausted its other suggestions, I
>> am asking here for help with installing the libopenjp2.7 package on
>> Yosemite.  The build is currently failing for me with a CMake error at the
>> configuration step.  Here is example output:

[...]

>> CMake Error at /sw/share/cmake-3.6/Modules/Platform/Darwin.cmake:76
>> (message):
>>   CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET is '10.10' but CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT:
>>
>>    ""
>>
>>   is not set to a MacOSX SDK with a recognized version.  Either set
>>   CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT to a valid SDK or set CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET to
>>   empty.

> The build appears to want one of the SDKs from Xcode.app.  Installing Xcode
> 7.1 to match your command-line tools could be a quick workaround.

Installing a matching Xcode.app indeed did solve the problem.  Thank you.

> If this is indeed a requirement, libopenjp2.7 should probably declare this in
> its build dependencies.  On the other hand, it seems like some upstreams
> don’t really understand when to use the SDK and when not to, and it might be
> possible to adjust the build procedure not to bother with the SDKs.

I'm uncertain why libopenjp2.7 would actually need the SDK, but I'm not
prepared to evaluate whether it really does or not.  Any way around, it would
be nice if the Fink packaging and the packaged build system were consistent
about what the dependencies are.

Regards,

John Bollinger

--