While running El Capitan, and after updating to Xcode 8, I could not run fink
because I get warning;
WARNING: Xcode.app version (8.0) and Xcode Command Line Tools version (7.3) are
not compatible.

Apple claims this is false warning with fink

Apple Closed my Bug saying that the CLI works, and that the issue is with fink.
If this is not the case, please let them know.  I do not a system to test CLI
as I am now on Sierra on my machines.

at
https://bugreport.apple.com/problem/viewproblem
Bug ID 28356077 - Xcode 8 installs on El Capitan.

<quote>
Apple Developer Relations   13-Oct-2016 05:13 PM
Engineering has provided the following information regarding this issue:

Please know that there is not incompatibility.  You should report the issue to
fink and request that fink remove the incorrect warning.
</quote>

Here is my bug report:
incompatible Command Line Tools.  One cannot install
Command_Line_Tools_macOS_10.12_for_Xcode_8

Steps to Reproduce:
1. install Xcode 8 on El Capitan system from App Store.

Expected Results:
compilation from Command Line.

Actual Results:
WARNING: Xcode.app version (8.0) and Xcode Command Line Tools version (7.3)
are not compatible.
You may experience build errors.

Version:
Xcode 8.0  (8A218a)

Notes:
Installer should prevent installation, or bring up dialog explaining
incompatible Command Line Tools (and others) will result if installation
continues.

Configuration:
MacOS El Capitan 10.11.6

Attachments: