{#}  Replies are directed back to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
{#}  To reply to the author, write to Eric Peyton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Friday, January 18, 2002, at 08:07  AM, Kelly Sedik wrote:

> {#}  Replies are directed back to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> {#}  To reply to the author, write to Kelly Sedik
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> As much as I might like to buy a Mac I can't right now. Plus, as both
> Linux
> and OS X are derived from Unix I think there may be a way to get it to
> work.

You are dreaming.

Porting things from Linux to OS X is relatively easy (especially if you
are using stock posix code with a standard X11 interface).

Going the other way is damned near impossible, evn if you use GNUStep,
which Fire won't compile under anyway.

Sorry man - but you'll probably never get Fire on Linux.  Use
everybuddy - they have a big developer movement behind them and all (or
odigo - but they are a commercial entity).

Eric