Exactly so.

It seems there isn't an overwhelming flood of safety seeking migrants
wanting to move to Canada from the U.S.  Perhaps because they realize
they can have their guns and safety too by living in small towns in ME,
NH, VT, ND, MN, MI or a host of other places (and the delights of
Canadian winters for the places mentioned if that is their wish).

But that isn't the issue at all for Mr. Lambert.  He is an advocate of
a point of view using the trappings of science.  But science is about
objective truth (as objective as possible given the nature of
observers).

To argue against a statement you know to be true might be attractive
for a lawyer in Court, but is dishonest in science.  Scientific ethics
would oblige the correction to be given.  Even suppressing data that
supports a scientific observation under dispute would be dishonest.

Nor is it honest for a scientist to assert that his distortions are
justified by distortions given by others.  Telling the truth as you
understand it is the first obligation for a scientist.

Mr. Lambert isn't a scientist, he is an advocate of a point of view
that guns are bad and he is making every effort to discredit those
providing the opposite point of view.  Unfortunately for Mr. Lambert,
the position he takes isn't supported by science.

Phil

> Isn't the issue, not whether we should prefer to live in Canada, but
whether
> gun control reduces violence. eh?

The Art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get
at him as soon as you can. Strike at him as hard as you can and as
often as you can, and keep moving on.
 -- Ulysses S. Grant