There is a good analysis of the first years of the Texas "shall issue"
operation with licensees being charged and convicted of crimes by
Sturdevant at
http://www.txchia.org/sturdevant.pdf
and an update at
http://www.txchia.org/sturdevant2000.htm

For a while, Texas and Florida published much data concerning the
operation of their licensing program operation, but some people began to
misuse the data (distort it or report it in a misleading way -- e.g.
http://www.vpc.org/press/9801tex.htm), so both states have changed the
nature of their reporting.  Florida's cumulative information over the
life of their program is carried at:
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/stats/cw_monthly.html
Texas convictions for crimes reported annually may be found at
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/convrates.htm
but only for a few recent years.

Phil

--
The Art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get
at him as soon as you can. Strike at him as hard as you can and as