Although responding to Greg's message, I will have a comment about one
of Prof. Olson's messages too.

I don't like to think of myself as belonging to ancient history, yet my
life spans a time when whites tried to keep guns away from blacks."  In
my childhood home town, a black man (an upstanding man) was hired as
deputy town constable primarily to keep black bars peaceful on Saturday
nights.  He was given a badge, but unlike white deputies, was not
permitted to carry a gun.

Even today, with the pattern of selective enforcement, driving while
black is an issue in some parts of the country and blacks found with a
firearm are not treated the same today as whites in many places too.

Prof. Olson responding to Eugene says "There is no "academic" study [of
"criminal gangs that tend to be organized along ethnic minority lines"],
that would be racist."

I must object to this this misstatement by an otherwise very intelligent
and educated person.  A study of whether gangs tend to be organized
along ethnic minority lines might be racist in some environments, but
not necessarily so.  Prof. Olson is trained in the law and not science
and his experience is likely corrupted by today's environment of
competing studies published not for understanding and not for science,
but for issue advocacy.  But Prof. Olson should train his PC comments on
academics who fail in their responsibility to first principles.

Truth is never racist and scientifically based studies to uncover truth
aren't racist either.

Phil

--
The Art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get
at him as soon as you can. Strike at him as hard as you can and as