Professor Olson wrote:

> The dealer does his bookwork. After a time, the Form 4473 makes it's way to BATF, gets
>scanned, and goes into the government's permanent record somewhere in West
>Virginia.

Query, after what "time" does a Form 4473 ever make its way to BATF?

The ONLY time that I am aware of that happening is when a dealer surrenders his license or otherwise goes

out of business and turns his records over to the BATF.  Otherwise, AFAIK, Form 4473s and FFL "bound books"

never leave the possession of the dealer and are never given to the BATF.

The life of a Form 4473, unless THAT rule changed unbeknownst to me, is as a 4 sided piece of 8.5 x 11 yellow

paper sitting in a file in a dealer's records.

Has that changed?

***GRJ***