Strong reluctance to talk to a government agent about a brandishing
incident (which 98% are) which has not been reported to the police (in most
instances) and the victim almost certainly doesn't know is 100% legal.  If
the President will lie so will his lowest level hirelings.  Remember they
call you, so they know who's possible confession they are recording.  I
would not tell them the truth about a questionable instance under any
circumstances.  They survived, they "got away" with it, why confess now?

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 9:33 AM, Guy Smith <g...@gunfacts.info> wrote:

> Which brings up a question for which I have never found a reasonable
> answer.
>

> Kleck’s compiled a number of media and criminological surveys and,
> aggregated, they were about 2.5M DGUs a year. Yet the National Crime
> Victimization Survey comes up with much smaller numbers.
>

> The only critique I have heard of the NCVS is that it entails personal
> engagement with the government (from their methodology report “all
> interviews are done by telephone whenever possible, except for the first
> interview, which is primarily conducted in person.”). What else explains
> the difference?

Professor Joseph Olson, J.D.(*Hon*. Duke), LL.M.(*Tax*. Florida)
               o    651-523-2142
Hamline University School of Law (MS-D2037)
                    f     651-523-2236
St. Paul, MN  55113-1235
                                     c    612-865-7956
jol...@hamliine.edu