From: firearmsregprof-boun...@lists.ucla.edu
[mailto:firearmsregprof-boun...@lists.ucla.edu] On Behalf Of Olson, .
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2016 4:34 PM
To: Henry Schaffer <h...@unity.ncsu.edu>
Cc: List Firearms Reg <firearmsregprof@lists.ucla.edu>
Subject: Re: Sandy Hook parents suit against Remington

The coverage and meaning of the PLCA is a FEDERAL question.  What is it doing
in state court?
On Feb 22, 2016 18:19, "Henry Schaffer"
<h...@unity.ncsu.edu<mailto:h...@unity.ncsu.edu>> wrote:
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/02/22/467688334/ar-15-gun-maker-seeks-to-dismiss-lawsuit-filed-by-sandy-hook-parents

All I know is that I heard this item today - and the emphasis was on how the
*style* of the rifle indicated that Remington shouldn't have manufactured it
for sale into the civilian market and therefore that the 2005 Protection of
Lawful Commerce and Arms Act shouldn't apply.

I read a number of the comments and again the style was frequently mentioned.

The above has links to a number of news sources, I didn't see any to court
documents.

--henry schaffer

messages to others.