Unfortunately my proposal can't be done.

There is the forward decls that can't be declared in another namespace.

There is a second option. There is nothing much "namespace Jrd" opening,
so is possible to change all of them.

But there is a lot of Jrd::, specially in _proto.h files. I never
understand why we create functions outside of the namespace.

For this case, if we change all "namespace Jrd" to open "namespace
Firebird { namespace Engine", we can make a alias namespace with
"namespace Jrd = Firebird::Engine".

I'm leaving this for now, cause there still some name conflicts.

Adriano