Hi,

In FB 2.1 I find it frustrating that FB can't use the FK index in
queries like this:

update "Child"
set "Something" = 'New stuff'
where "MasterId" in (
     select "Id"
     from "Master"
     where "OtherThing" = 'SoughtValue'
   )

I know this can be constructed in a few other ways, e.g. using an
execute statement with a loop on the matching masters etc.

But the point is that it would be nice if the query optimizer could use
an index on "Child"."MasterId" in this kind of query if the expected
number of recors from the subquery is small enough and the selectivity
of the fk index is low enough.

Has this been improved since FB 2.1? Any future plans?

Regards,
Kjell
--
Kjell Rilbe