UDF installation is restricted to administrators, for the same reason.
The UDF directory is restricted, too.
An UDF is simply a library that runs as native code in the same address
space as the FB process. Big problem if it misbehaves. Maybe the problem
could be isolated better by running in classic mode, as only the process
executing the faulty UDF will die at once.

FB code compiled with one version of C++ cannot understand exceptions layout
from another version, from another C++ compiler or written in a totally
different language.

Security rarely comes with speed. UDF are relatively fast to execute, but
there's no protection. They don't run in a sandbox.

C.