Hello, Yi!

http://firebird.1100200.n4.nabble.com/discussion-about-real-fix-for-CORE-2348-td3478013.html
YL> but they requires off-time.

YL> While we've made our efforts to reduce number of transactions from
YL> application level, we still need a thorough solution.

How long database "live" until it reach transaction limit?
How many users work with databases? How long during the day they
work with database?
How many transactions you have each day?
Can you give gstat -h information ?

YL> 1.I wonder if anyone now has a proper solution to this issue, without
YL> requireing shutting down the system.

you can't reset transaction numbers without doing backup/restore.

YL> 2. If we have no option other than modifying Firebird source code, can
YL> anyone shed some light on how complicated this change will be and how wide
YL> the change would affect? Any advice on where to make the code change will be
YL> appreciated.

What Firebird version do you use? Extending transaction numbers from
32 to 64 bit is not only change of the sources, but also change of
ODS.
So, this will not be done in any existing versions, including 2.5.

Extending transaction numbers can be done in Firebird 3.0, but
I haven't found this in it's latest roadmap.

--
Dmitry Kuzmenko, www.ibase.ru, (495) 953-13-34