22.02.2012 18:32, ik wrote:
> Queues that are specific for time, like  Task Queues that can start
> for example at 10:00:25 pm but no longer then 10:05:40 pm that day .

   I never heard about such queries. Could you provide a practical example?

> How would you go with that ?

   I would go back to design and review such decisions.

> But Oracle and MS, do think that their DBMS can provide such tasks.

   Actually, they don't. Their schedules and jobs are executed by external
applications.

> 1. Why do you think DBMS are not the proper engine for this ?

   Because DBMS engine is badly suited for this task.

> 2. How would you recommend to do massive data manipulation on data in
> records in the most efficient way, that does not duplicate data, does
> not take too much memory from the machine, and does not duplicate your
> code for every project, but allow you to scale your tasks ?

   I would recommend not to do massive data manipulation.

> 3. So if DBMS should not have time based manipulation engine, then
> when you talk about DBMS, what exactly do you mean ?

   DataBase Management System, obviously.

> 4. Are you in the scholars that think that database engine's job is to
> store data, and make external applications to do the manipulation ?

   Yes. Store and allow access to data is the job for DBMS.

> 5. What type of features (or direction towards features) do you think
> that database engine should have ?

   It must be fast and robust under load.

--
   SY, SD.