2012/3/11 Alex Peshkoff <peshk...@mail.ru>

> That's sooner of a kind of OS-specific effect. Such small working set as
> 1Mb is too small for firebird.

I think so, but what is the real amount of memory needed for metadata
itself, 80000 Kb or 25000 Kb? When the working set decreases and after that
i execute one query soon the working set is 25000Kb, and after that, while
working, it does not use more than 50000 Kb and not less than 25000 Kb.

> > What is the real RAM needed for each connection?
>
> That depends first of all upon the metadata, needed at he given moment
> of time.

I understand, but how much amount of memory is needed for metadata? When
metadata is loaded, is there an amount of memory allocated needed for the
load process, that could be released. I opened a ticket because while FB
2.1 uses 50000 Kb for load metadata, Fb 2.5 uses 80000 Kb, but if after
some minutes not running querys, the working set is decreased from 80000 to
30000 Kb, then i think that there is an amount fof memory that could be
released.

> > Is there any option to force firebird to free memory used for loading
> > metadata?
>
> Right now not. May be it's possible to have one, but that's not trivial
> change.

I asked to the memory needed to load the metadata, not the metadata itself.

> > Is there any option for not use so much RAM?
> Use superserver.

I know, i was asking for a trick, flag or something else. Superserver is
not for more than 50 concurrent users, and i was thinking in classic.

> > Why 64 bits version uses 27000 Kb than 32 bits more for each connection?
>
> Because metadata cache contains a lot of pointers. They are twice bigger
> in 64 bits case.

ok, thanks

Best regards, Jesus