Hello, Vlad!

>> Because I consider decryption as a "single-user" operation. Seems you
>> want people to work with DB while it is being encrypted.

VK>     Of course ! "single-user" operations is BAD in *multy-user* software,
let not
VK> create one more...

Funny joke. But it work only if you think that admin will play with
encrypting/decrypting DB the whole day, or if encryption of 1gb
database will take several hours.

I think, if something can be done in exclusive mode, it must
not be spreaded over the code and multiuser access.

Database encryption or decryption is a some kind of
"preparation" work, that must not be executed suddenly and several
times per day.

Anyway, "encrypted" flag at the header of the page makes
this conversation useless.

--
Dmitry Kuzmenko, www.ibase.ru, (495) 953-13-34