On 12/04/2012 14:46, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:
> 12.04.2012 18:44, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
>
>> It's also used in make_all.bat to generate ibase.h.
> OK, this makes it less of a problem.

Let's say it turns out to be a bad idea... We will loose nothing. We'd
then regenerate it and commit it without the magics.

The %type lines will be generated as one rule per line, which IMO is
better than current way, which simultaneously tries to group them
alphabetically and per types.

I'd like to do it now cause I'm getting rid of dsql_nod. This involves a
very large change that I cannot test incrementally, and I need to change
almost all parser rule types.

Having to correctly edit them in two different places is much more
tiring than do it in the right context (rule).

>> This is bad idea IMHO as it would take much more time, and will
>> definitively be a fork of a unmaintained software.
> I don't really expect us to ever update the btyacc module from its
> original repository.

But AFAIR some folks (Gentoo?) was using (or trying) the original utility.

We had some changes on it, but they were very small and only bug fixes.
Implement a new feature on it is not something I would even try.

Adriano