At 09:32 AM 22/07/2012, nezos wrote:
>Greetings, i have a new database which i populated with the membership tables
>and procedures using the 2.1 scripts.
>
>After that i decided not to use SYSDBA (everything works) and added a user
>and a role. I granted permissions then i saw that i couldn't run a procedure
>and then i noticed that i couldn't even select from a table USERS.
>
>I dropped the role and granted full access directly to the user.
>
>I get:
>
>Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 28000
>no permission for read/select access to TABLE USERS
>
>Any idea what's wrong? Is it a bug?
>
>PS: For a first time user i am very dissapointed havig so big problems for
>so basic things..

This is just a common "newbie" mistake, easily solved.
Please take your question to the firebird-support list.  Someone will help you
there to get sorted out.

The list you have posted to is the Firebird's development lab and doesn't
answer support questions.  If you're confused about using our lists, visit the
URL http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/mailing-lists/ for instructions.

Helen (Moderator)