> >> I hope to be wrong and that changed, but AFAIR, the legacy dialects
> >> are never removed mainly because BroadView systems are not prepared
> >> for it, and they are FF sponsors.
> >
> > This is completely incorrect.
> >

> My words were not meant to be interpreted as a critic, just a mater of fact as
> I see it.
>
> > P.S. we have advocated/argued just like any other participants in this list.
> >

> Yes, I know. But sponsor words has weight (even that being not a thing FF
> "sells"), like any member contributor of any kind in the project.

If it was not the case that other project teams members (Dmitry Y and Ann H)
have acknowledged that there are significant issues with migration due to
Borland's Dialect 3 implementation/rules, then I would agree that sponsor $$$
could be a factor.

But without a general consensus, the issue is not moving forward because is it
viewed as a bad idea as it would compromise too many existing installs/users.
(a case of usability trumping coding elegance)

Sean