> may be Firebird 3 is the good time frame to rename our binaries ?
>
> for example :
> fb_sql, fb_bak, fb_sec, fb_fix, fb_stat, fb_nbackup, fb_qli, fb_pre, fb_split,
> fb_qli

I would suggest:

fb_backup, fb_security, fb_fixup, fb_stats and fb_precompile

I realize that the names are longer than the original, but they are much more
meaningful (long gone are the days of 8.3 filenames).

To mitigate the new names, perhaps we can problem soft-links/shortcuts for the
original names.

Sean