Am 03.09.2013 09:08, schrieb Alex Peshkoff:
> On 09/03/13 09:14, Frank Schlottmann-Gödde wrote:

>>> I think that all distros, not debian only, support fresh editline
>>> library. And (provided they build --with-sustem-editline, in which I'm
>>> quite sure) they use it in firebird.
>> Thats not enough to enable full UTF8 support, there is a small patch to
>> editline needed and the editline library has to be build with
>> --wide-char-enabled.
>
> Is it done in trunk?

yes

>>> What about backporting built-in
>>> library - I already have one negative response, rather fresh (and
>>> specific version automake-1.12. but not earlier than 1.12.6) was needed
>>> to build firebird.
>> This could be fixed by either including editline to the autogen.sh
>> script or adding calls to autoreconf etc. to Makefile.in.extern.editline.
>
> Frank, it's invoked correctly.

Hm, I had to run autoreconf etc. on it to build it on Ubuntu 8.04

> The only problem is that some system,
> which can build 2.5.2 correctly, may be not able to build 2.5.3 due to
> missing appropriate version of automake if we backport all that changes
> to 2.5.

I have a build of 2.5.0.26091 lying around that was built on Ubuntu 5.0,
so it should be possible.

--
"Fascinating creatures, phoenixes, they can carry immensely heavy loads,
  their tears have healing powers and they make highly faithful pets."