On 01/03/2014 01:47 PM, Claudio Valderrama C. wrote:
> Hello, I know security3.fdb is not in place because I'm using the Debug dir:
>
> F:\fb3dev\fbbuild\firebird30\temp\Win32\Debug\firebird>isql -user sysdba
> -pass masterkey
> Use CONNECT or CREATE DATABASE to specify a database
> SQL> create database 'user.fdb';
> SQL> create user secondary pass 'sec';
> Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 42000
> Dynamic SQL Error
> -SQL error code = -104
> -Token unknown - line 1, column 23
> -pass
>
> I thought we would allow PASS as a shortcut for PASSWORD.

Can you provide a sample where shortcuts are present in SQL? It's
trivial to add PASS shortcut, but for me it looks like something out of
SQL style.

> Anyway:
>
> SQL> create user secondary password 'sec';
> Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 08001
> unsuccessful metadata update
> -CREATE USER SECONDARY failed
> -I/O error during "CreateFile (open)" operation for file
> "F:\fb3dev\fbbuild\firebird30\temp\Win32\Debug\firebird\/security3.fdb"
> -Error while trying to open file
> -The system cannot find the file specified.
> SQL>
>
> The final part of the path is confusing for the user:
> firebird\/security3.fdb
>
> I don't know if firebird is really looking for
> temp/Win32/Debug/firebird//security3.fdb
> or only the message contains an extra directory separator.

Certainly it's a minor bug. I've tested at linux-only and 2 same
separators (//) are merged correctly, but I've forgotten about windows
with it's \.

A.

PS. On linux having >1 separator in the path does not prevent opening
the file - Debug/firebird//security3.fdb is correct filename from kernel
POV.