08.01.2014 10:30, liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl wrote:

> Why plan can not by extended for hint purposes?

It can, the question is whether it should.

> This is natural placefor FB users to tell optimizer
> the better way of query execution.

Personally, I see an important difference between planning (in how it
historically looked like) and hinting (in how it's being discussed), so
I'd prefer separate clauses for these actions.

That said, I'm not going to insist if the majority here would favor the
PLAN clause being used also for hinting.