15.02.2014 13:25, liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl wrote:

> Your explanation is very good but i see that i was not clear in question.
> I understand that collate is for sorting or upper but what is difference
> in maining of collation in this three queries.
> What do
> Select field collate pxw_plk from ...
>
> What do
> .... Group by field collate pxw_plk
>
> What difference if i remove collate?

Think about COLLATE as about CAST. Collation overrides default
comparison rules, so "field" and "field collate pxw_plk" may lead to a
different grouping (imagine a case-insensitive collation for example).
As GROUP BY requires that the select list and group list must be exactly
the same expressions, you get the error.