On 4-3-2014 21:30, Claudio Valderrama C. wrote:
> People, what's the opinion on exceptions that use isc_ramdom to send
> hardcoded messages?
> Should we use isc_random for most of the future messages or should we
> register more text in the messages db and lower the number of hardcoded
> messages?
> Being realistic, apparently nobody has bothered to create a source file with
> error text translated to other language.

I prefer a specific error number, especially because sometimes people
don't even bother to post error messages, but do include the error number.

I don't think that not having translated error-messages is a good reason
to stop using error numbers. Some errors can occur in multiple places,
in that case having a single definition is better.

Mark Rotteveel