07.04.2014 21:21, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:

> IIRC at the time of FB 1.5 this context things and call of SET_TDBB() at the
> beginning
> of every routine were considered as a temporary stubs till proper code
> cleanup for proper
> encapsulation and getting rid of side effects. Is my memory wrong or general
> line was
> changed since then?

IIRC, there was such a discussion but there were no "general line"
established. Personally, I see tdbb as a lesser evil. And sometimes it
acts very handy, allowing quite simple solutions.

As for SET_TDBB, I really consider it outdated and avoid it in the new
code. But it does not automagically make tdbb itself outdated.